Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Go for your life: Sykes

The Nationals Member for Benalla, Bill Sykes is throwing his support behind the Active Families Challenge as part of the “Go For Your Life” program.

“This program is a family focused program aiming to improve the level of physical activity, health and well being of families,” Dr Sykes said.

“The program is encouraging families with children to participate in an inclusive and achievable physical activity which is fun, easy, accessible and worthwhile.”

Dr Sykes said that to complete the Challenge, families will be encouraged to participate in 30 minutes of physical activity for at least 30 days between 9 March and 20 April, 2008.

“Participating in an active lifestyle is the best way to enhance our health and well being, and in light of the current obesity problems facing our communities, it is a wonderful way for the whole family to be involved,” Dr Sykes said.

“I encourage all families in the Benalla Electorate to take up the Active Families Challenge. Get out the bikes, put on the walking shoes, take the dog for a walk. There are a variety of ways to exercise and we can all find 30 minutes a day. Let’s get active,” Dr Sykes concluded.

PS – I’m leading by example
  1. my wife Sally and I are in training for walking the Kokoda Track in July 2008;
  2. along with some of my Nationals colleagues, I recently completed the 400km Red Cross Murray River Marathon
  3. and of course, last Saturday I won the 50 metre ‘sprint’ for over 50 year olds at the Tolmie Sports – albeit that I tore my hamstring two metres from the finish


Powered by ScribeFire.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home