Monday, September 1, 2008

Mum’s the word on party leadership

zqzxbzduSource: Wangaratta Chronicle - 01.09.08

THE issue of Liberal Party leadership is not up for discussion, according to Sophie Mirabella (MHR, Indi).

While the halls of Canberra ring loud with talk of either former federal treasurer Peter Costello or current shadow treasurer Malcolm Turnbull possible replacing the poorly rating Brendan Nelson, Mrs Mirabella is "staying mum" on the subject.

"As far as I am concerned, we have a leader in place in Brendan Nelson, and talk of anything else is just pure speculation.

"If anything was to change, I would certainly be putting forward a view, but at this stage there is really nothing to talk about," she said.

Mrs Mirabella does not resume her parliamentary duties until the start of October, following the birth of her daughter Alexandra two months ago.

She will miss the first four weeks of the current sittings of Parliament but will be present for the last week.

"I am working full time in my electorate at the moment, although I have to say I am not accepting as many evening functions," she said.

"I am feeding Alexandra and night functions have to be limited at the moment.

"However, thanks to the help of my mother and some other stalwarts, I am able to meet most of electorate commitments during the day," she said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home